Top Online Matrimonial Services in Gujarat
Cultural & Traditional Background of Gujarat
Since India is such a diverse country in terms of cultures, religions, and regional specialties, the weddings here are equally unique and often specific to the part of the country you come from.Gujaratis are very rich in their culture and customs. They are very deeply routed with beliefs of their religion and hence their wedding style is also a bit different.
Here in India, there are some good matrimonial portals for Gujarsati community, we are one of them,Welcome to our blog to know our Leading Matchmaking Services towards Gujarati community.
Wedding Culture & Rituals of Gujarati Community
Gujaratis are lively people, they celebrate all their festivals and functions with lot of splendor, colors, dance and gleamingly decor.Gujarati Matrimonial Services are very colorful and vibrant. It is full of traditional ritualism, dance and fun.
Gujarati Weddings are colourful, vibrant and rich and often go on for a few days with many pre wedding, wedding time and post wedding customs and rituals.
Pre wedding functions
- Sagai (engagement ceremony) – this is the formal ceremony where too families promise commitment of relationship. The bride visits with matli (a container which is fill with sweets and gifts) as good luck. A short ceremony is performed and sweets and food is serve to the guest
- Mandap Muhurat – this is a typical hindu ceremony performed at brides and grooms place. A priest is been called, small pooja is performed and family takes blessing from bride and groom. this ceremony is performed few days before wedding
- Griha Shanti – this ceremony is again performed by priest. Small pooja is completed and a perfect date and time is decided according to the zodiac signs of bride and groom
- Garba – this is traditional Gujarati dance which is performed by family members night before wedding. This ceremony gives chance for both families to meet, greet and know each other well. Plenty of dance is done using hands and sticks hitting on each other.
- Pithi – this ceremony is held by bride and grooms family a day before wedding by inviting their close relatives and friends at their respective places. Yellow turmeric powder is applied on the body of bride and groom by all the women’s in their family. It is been said that the turmeric powder brings the healthy glow on the face.
- Barat – on the wedding day groom arrives on horse dressed in traditional attaire and family members dance in surrounding on the traditional music of band.
- Ponkhana (welcoming the groom) – the groom is welcomed by brides family in traditional way where brides mother perform aarti and pulls him payfully by grabing his nose. Groom then step forward by crushing earthen pots into small pieces this signifies that groom has power to overcome any obstacles in his married life
- Ganesh Pooja – after the groom is welcomed to the mandap the ceremonies start whith prayer of lord ganesh who is know are aradhya daivat (god of peace, happiness and prosperity).
- Madhuparka – the brides father wash grooms feet with honey, yoghurt and ghee. This is the time when sister and cousins of groom steel shoes and groom have to offer some money and take it back.
- Kanya Agman (brides arrival) – the bride arrives with her maternal uncle (mama) on the mandap when she reaches mandap there is curtain (antarpath) in between of bride and groom which separates them from each other
- Jaimala – during the arrival of bride the priest begins the ceremony by saying mangalashtak and then antarpath is lower and the couple exchange the garlands
- Kanya dan – the ritual is that parents give (dan) their daughter (goddess laxmi) to the groom (lord Vishnu). Parents give away their daughter by keeping her hand onto the grooms hand.
- Varmala – cord is tied around the neck of bride and groom and looped around 24 time by the elders in family. This means the couple is safe from any negative energy or evil
- Hasta Milap – the scarf wore by groom is tied to the scarf of bride this is known as meeting of soul. The petals of flowers and rice grains are shower on them during this ceremony.
- Saptapadi – during this ceremony the groom helps bride to touch 7 betel nuts with her right toes by chanting seven mantra in which he request for support from his wife in ups and downs of their life.
- Sindoor Daan – The groom puts red powder on brides head and ties mangalsutra around her neck which symbolize that she is married and belong to him.
- Vidaai – This ceremony is about departure of couple which include tears of joy and sadness as the bride is departing for her new home leaving her old memories back.
- Ghar Nu Laxmi – The bride is welcome in her new home as laxmi who will bring happiness and prosperity in their house. The mother-in-law place a matka or steel vessel filled with rice and ask bride to enter the new world by touching vessel with right foot.
Finally at the end some games (aki beki) are played for fun and the day is concluded with the prayers to god requesting him health wealth and prosperity throughout the life for newly wed couple.
There are populous matrimonial platform in India like Shaadi.com, BharatMatrimaony.com, Jeevansathi.com, VivahaBandhan.com, Simplymarry.com who provides fastest and Top Matrimonial Services.
Online Matchmaking Service in Gujarat
Welcome to WM Matrimonial, an online and offline matrimonial service helps you to find and connect with your life partner. Our site meant to bring all eligible Gujarati brides and grooms in one place to simplify your life partner searching.
We do believe that when the marriage is arrange marriage then there is no sense to compromise against your wish. Find the right life partner from the maximum options by using this matrimonial platform. Take a tour how we works for you.
Why WM Matrimonial ?
- It is Community Service
- Only for registered members and not for casual net surfers
- Genuine and Verified Profiles
- Network of World wide Centers
- High privacy of your identity
- Extensive Search options
- No Ads and No Pop-Ups
- Secure Communication
It has earned good reputation & goodwill in the society by providing excellent services to its members.Personal Attention is the main principle of working method.Separate file for each candidate is prepared.Both the candidates are invited separately, to show each others file.
If both the candidates find the proposed match suitable for them, meeting can be arranged or at their convenient place.
How We Work ?
- As the most Preferred Matrimonial Site , when once you register with us by duly completing registration form we carry out authentication checks and then allocate you a registration number.
- You will need this number during any correspondence in order to be best served. In case of gold membership you will be allocated a registration number and a membership number.
- We will provide you with suitable profiles each month by your preferred mode of service like email or post. Hence it is absolutely vital that you provide us with correct and detailed postal address with pin code and email id.
Please update us with any changes in your details like personal information, occupation, contact details. This will enable us to provide correct and authentic details to all our customers.